It's the fifth Classic Club spin, and I love a Classics Spin! It's the first one on this blog, but everyone knows the rules: list twenty books left on your list, and next Monday a number will be announced.
Without futher ado:
- Lawrence, D. H. - The Rainbow
- Stevenson, Robert Louis - Kidnapped
- Kundera, Milan - The Unbearable Lightness of Being
- Haggard, H. Rider - She
- Fowles, John - The French Lieutenant's Woman
- Solzhenitsyn, Aleksandr - August 1914
- Amis, Martin - London Fields
- Elliot, George - Adam Bede
- James, Henry - What Maise Knew
- Lawrence, D.H. - Sons and Lovers
- Du Maurier, Daphne - Jamaican Inn
- Hemingway, Ernest - A Farewell to Arms
- Blackmore , R. D. - Lorna Doone
- Graves, Robert - I, Claudius
- de Balzac, Honoré - Cousin Bette
- Goncharov, Ivan - Oblomov
- Rushdie, Salman - The Satanic Verses
- Cooper, James Fenimore - The Last of the Mohicans
- Trollope, Anthony - Is He Popenjoy?
- Du Maurier, Daphne - Frenchman's Creek
The ones I want the most - Adam Bede, Lorna Doone, and Is He Popenjoy?, and the ones that I want least: London Fields (I really wish I hadn't included it), The Satanic Verses, and The Last of the Mohicans.
Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of Hard Times, and I honestly cannot wait to write a review when I finish. It is so so relevant.